Monday, August 1, 2011

Solo Trip

Here I am, on a plane to Orlando, but alas no trip to Disney World for me.  I'm traveling for work and don't you know that I tried to figure a way to get to WDW on this trip, however, it just wasn't in the cards this time.  I travel for work not frequently, but about 3 or 4 times a year.  This trip got me thinking about a solo trip to Disney World, something that I've thought about for a long time.  It's not that I don't want to vacation with my family.  I do, and there is nothing better than sharing the joy of Disney World with your kids or spending special quality time with the one you love most at your favorite place in the world.  It's just that I would like to have the opportunity to tour the World, just me...my way...under my schedule.  I don't think I'd need more than two days or so, else the mommy guilt would take over.  A solo trip to Disney World is definitely on my bucket list.


What would I do for two days, just me?  Well, the question is not what I would do, but what I wouldn't be able to do.  There is just too much.  I think my highest priority would be to seek out those hidden treasures and take time to soak up the atmosphere.  As much as I love the Magic Kingdom, I don't think I'd go there.  That is best left to enjoy with the family.  Epcot for sure and maybe Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom.  Of course, I could spend and entire day resort hopping, as well.


So, while I dream of my solo trip, I'll settle with listening to park ride-thru music on my iPod ("drink up me hearties, yo-ho").  How do you feel about a solo trip?  Have you ever done one?


The good news story of this trip is the potential to get work in the Orlando area, which would mean more trips to Florida and, maybe, that opportunity for a solo trip the world!

1 comment:

  1. I've done solo trips before and they are a beautiful thing. I wasn't weighed down with strollers or travel companions so I managed to be the first rider on Toy Story Mania that day! It's incredibly liberating. I hope you get to try it one day!

    ReplyDelete