Friday, August 19, 2011

Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Figment, oh my!

We were watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks a few days ago and the song "Substitutiary Locomotion" came on.  My husband looks at me and says "does that sound like the Figment song?".  I don't know who was more excited - my husband that he made a Disney reference in conversation; or me knowing that he made that connection!  I know it drives him crazy when I come up with obscure Disney references.   I think I must be rubbing off on him. 


But back to the topic.  See for yourself.  












My husband so proud of himself until I pointed out that ''One Little Spark,'' was written by the legendary Disney composers Richard M. and Robert B. Sherman for the attraction's original opening and they also wrote the Bedknobs and Broomsticks 1971 soundtrack.  I'm not surprise they don't sound similar.  

1 comment: