Welcome to those of you joining me from Mommy Mouseketeer and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 3rd stop on our Magical Blogorail. This month on the Blogorail we are sharing our ideal Disney-Inspired Valentine's Day.
Spending Valentine's Day at Walt Disney World?
Surprisingly to some, Disney World can be a very romantic place which could explain why so many couples flock to WDW for marriage proposals, weddings and honeymoons. What Disney World has going for it is “theme and mood”. The place has the ability to transport you from the realities of life, and transport you into a fantasy land even if only for a few hours. And isn’t that the idea of romantic outings, whether they be a movie date night or dinner at a special restaurant? It’s the chance to spend a few precious hours or days with someone you love just enjoying the atmosphere and each other’s company.
If you are fortunate enough to be in Walt Disney World with your special someone on Valentine’s Day and are short on ideas, here’s some ways to make a special memory.
- Stroll along the beach of the Polynesian resort to watch Magic Kingdom’s nighttime Wishes fireworks display.
- Watch cheesy horror movie clips while dining “outside at the drive-in” at Hollywood Studio’s Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
- Purchase a nice bottle of wine at one of the many world shops in Epcot’s World Showcase to take back to your room to enjoy on the patio. Remember the corkscrew! Pick up some chocolates, as well!
- Order flowers delivered to your resort room through the Disney Florist.
- Take a nighttime ride aboard the Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland Transit Authority.
- Have a photopass picture taken a just the two of you.
- Splurge on a once in a lifetime meal at the Grand Floridian’s Victoria & Albert’s.
- Experience a horse-drawn carriage ride at the Fort Wilderness Resort or Port Orleans Riverside.
- Surprise your loved one with a spa treatment, or a couples massage.
- Dine in perpetual twilight at the San Angel Inn in the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot.
- Order room service for two.
- Find a garden swing, rocking chair, or bench at one of the many Disney resorts and sit together in the moonlight.
- Get “scared” and cuddle aboard your Doom Buggy in Magic Kingdom’s Haunted Mansion.
- Share a Margarita in a cozy corner of La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot.
- Instead of taking a buse or boat from Hollywood Studios to the Beach Club/Boardwalk, stroll along the waterside footpath that connects the two.
- Enjoy a speciality cruise to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom or Illuminations at Epcot.
- If it’s warm, take a evening dip in your resort pool.
- Book at room at Animal Kingdom Lodge overlooking the Savannah.
- My personal favorite -- strolling the grounds of your resort at night with your special someone just enjoying each other’s company and the atmosphere.
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is The Disney Point.
1st Stop ~ Manda’s Disney Blog
2nd Stop ~ Mommy Mouseketeer
3rd Stop ~ The Magical Mouse Pad
4th Stop ~ The Disney Point
Final Stop ~ The Disney Chick