Monday, March 4, 2013

Hidden Mickeys

The Quest for Your Favorite Hidden Mickey


My favorite "Hidden Mickey" can be found outside the Haunted Mansion embedded in the sidewalk -- two horseshoe prints around a utility cover seeming made by the ghostly horse hitched to the hearse in front of the mansion.

I am so used to Hidden Mickey's that I often find myself telling my friends, family, co-workers, etc to "find a hidden mickey for me" on their trip.  Too many times, I'm often met with a strange look, and rightly so I guess.  <sigh>  I forget that not everyone is as obsessed.

So, what is a Hidden Mickey?  If you are reading my blog, you probably know, but in case an unexpected traveler has traversed The Magical Mouse Pad, here's the definition from good old Wikipedia (where would we be without you!):

"A Hidden Mickey is a representation of Mickey Mouse that has been inserted subtly into the design of a ride, attraction, or other location in a Disney theme park, Disney properties, movie or other Disney product. The most common Hidden Mickey is a formation of three circles that may be perceived as the silhouette of the head and ears of Mickey Mouse, often referred to by Disney aficionados as a "Classic Mickey"." 

I enjoy the occasional Hidden Mickey, but don't actively seek them out.  If I run across one, I'll make a remark about it...maybe even take a picture.  It's a fun little activity and I'm pleased with myself when I find one before anyone else in my group.  However, for some, Hidden Mickeys and the search for them has become their obsession, which I'm all for!  Everyone's got to have a hobby, right?  Makes my life a little easier when I want to find a particular Hidden Mickey.  Thanks, Hidden Mickey Guy and all you other Hidden Mickey gurus!



No comments:

Post a Comment