Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dooney & Burke

I’m not the type of gal that buys expensive purses.  It’s rare for me to pay over $25 for a purse; with most of my purses coming from Target, Kohls, or Steinmart.  I don’t own a Coach, Louis Vuitton, or a Chanel bag, but I do own two Dooney & Burke purses.  And wouldn’t you know…they are Disney!  These are my little indulgences and I love them both.
I bought my Disney Sketch wristlet online a few years ago.  Very cute, but not all practical for me  About all it holds is my iPhone, ID, a few credit cards and a tube of lipstick.  I use it on “date” nights where I have no need to carry keys or much of a wallet.  


D&B Sketch Wristlet

The Sketch collection features a whimsical print of favorite Disney characters and icons from Mickey and Minnie to Dumbo, Tinker Bell and Cinderella Castle and more.
As many of you know from reading my blog, this summer I went to Disney World to celebrate my 40th birthday with Mickey.  I picked up the 40th edition cross body bag as my birthday present to myself.  Even bought it at Uptown Jewelers on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.  The printing on it so unique and special to me as it represents the icons and logos that I grew up on.  


D&B Cross body 40th Anniversary Edition


Details

The Dooney & Bourke 40th Anniversary collection features six different styles (cross body, wrislet, wallet, messenger, bucket, and medium tote) transformed with the 40th Anniversary collage. The bags feature everything from retro Walt Disney World icons to classic silhouettes of Mickey Mouse, plus original park tickets & maps and autographs from a few famous friends. The commemorative collection highlights the essence of Disney with color, style and nostalgic touches.
Has owning these bags turned me into a purse snob?  Nah…I still have my cheap bags and don’t see myself running out for the latest Coach.  

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my wife! I wish your pictures came out right so I could show your collection to her! Happy Belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures now up! Thanks, Mickey, for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated birthday! What a great birthday present! I was thinking seriously about getting the cross body the last time I was there (on my birthday) and even had a coupon burning a hole in my pocket. I'm glad I waited I like this pattern so much more. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete